Sunday, April 17, 2011

NaPo 13 - Respect

Ohnoohnoohno I'm so behind!!

On Thursday I went to a poetry workshop during school held by Art From Ashes <3 artfromahes.org

We were given 3 minutes to write a poem describing respect with all different senses. When I shared it, people seemed pretty pleased with it. Personally, I think it's a bit cheesy, but what the hell. Here it is. XD
_________________________________________

Respect

There are lilacs in my throat from being told
I’m sacred soil to all of the right people, whose
love goes down like honey when I’m sick
of all the silence - it rings out in a clamor
of tambourines, slicing through the heavy
silence; music lifts into the sky like fire
warming my frozen hands, cold from
their frigid glares - but respect can be so
clear, colorless, sitting on my skin like
rain water dripping and sliding back
into the earth.

We’ve risen from this same soil, and when
we return, I want to be holding hands
with those that know the meaning of
respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment