Saturday, April 30, 2011

NaPo 26 - Landscape of a body

You're like silk against my bones,
so light sometimes I can't feel you,
but all I want to do is bury my face
against your shoulder and inhale
your presence like when I was a kid and
would lie face down in the grass to experience
spring from the perspective of the blades -
you make me feel small, a starry speck in the sky
but I know I'm on fire - a romantic, tried cynic
but the glove didn't fit when all I want to do
is feel everything bared, inhale the world
because it's just so beautiful, a horizon that
needs to be remembered from the blades
of your shoulder to the wind that rushed
to clean out the dust from my broken heart
that day when I stared out over the mountains
and realized that beauty eventually makes everything
okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment